Daphne here! Our dearest Mama Vicky has been super busy lately – so much so that she hasn’t been able to blog this week but the good part is that she may have finally kicked that pesky pneumonia to the curb! Anyhoo, she asked me to pinch hit for her today and share a little something with you. It’s a reading challenge for this year, 2015. It originated on Facebook but in case you missed it, I’ll share the challenge below.
Personally, there is nothing in the world I like better than cracking open a good book at the end of the day and getting lost in another world, time, place, etc. How about you? The best part about this challenge is that it only requires you to read 10 books. I know there are lots of busy-busy people out there but hopefully 10 is doable.
So the gist of the challenge is simple. Just read one of each of the following:
- A book that’s over 500 pages (That’s a tall order for sure but you can do it!)
- A book you’ve owned for longer than you care to admit but haven’t read yet (We all have those right? Though in my case, I have a ton of those!)
- A book you were supposed to read in school / college but never did (Shame on you! Shame on me!)
- A book based entirely on its cover (Don’t even read the summary!)
- A book that came out the year you were born (Yes, this one requires admitting how old – or young – you are!)
- A book from your childhood / teen years (Re-read your favorite!)
- A banned book (Ooo, scandalous! But you don’t necessarily have to go to the dark side to fulfill this challenge. Did you know that To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee was once a “challenged” book too? Now everyone has read it – or should have read it, tee-hee!)
- A book everyone has read but you (You know the one, “You haven’t read ‘blah-blah’ yet! What the heck is wrong with you?!”)
- A book that would appeal to your inner child (You know, the little 9 year old inside of you that is crying out for love and attention. Read her/him a story too.)
- A self-help book (There are so many to choose from, aren’t there? I should probably gravitate to the diet books! Ha-ha)
Mama Vicky and I are committed to doing this challenge in 2015. Who else would like to join in the fun? We’ll be sharing our progress throughout the year and hope you will do the same.
To steal a phrase from my dear Mama, blog you later!