It is March 3rd! Can you believe that 2015 is already two months old? Incredible! This is a great time to check in to see how you are doing with your new year’s resolutions or goals to exercise? Still going strong? Or have you hit a slump? Here’s some info. to get you back into action. You know, that it is never too late to get back into the game. March is the perfect time to “march” into the spring season that is coming soon. Here are a few ideas:
1) Dress for warmth and safety. For warmth, wear gloves, a hat, and/ or a scarf. A microfleece vest .
2) Find a buddy. Sometimes the best way to start something new or to rekindle your exercise efforts is to have a companion. Get someone to join you. And when you have a partner you are much more likely to exercise regularly. Living in inclement weather? Many malls offer walking clubs allowing a person to get their exercise in a warmer and more pleasant atmosphere. Sure beats trying to walk in big snow drifts.
There are other things you can do to stay motivated. Can’t afford a fancy an expensive personal trainer? No problem. Here are tips from trainers who work with the red carpet stars.
1) Stay motivated. Karen Voight helped Tina Turner sculpt her famous legs. She says that the key to staying with a fitness program is to enjoy it. Find out what you really want to do and you’ll be much more likely to stay with the program. Like team sports? How about water aerobics? Kickboxing vs. dance classes? You decide and get started.
2) Voight says to get the most from your workout pay attention to muscle control. Hold positions steady in order to isolate muscles and make smooth movements.
3) Change up your routine. Ray Kybartas who worked with Madonna, encourages variety in routines. Changing your activities keeps boredom away. It also helps tone various muscle groups by using them in different ways.
4) Mind over matter. Have a healthy attitude. Don’t put pressure on yourself to achieve immediate results. Don’t make unrealistic expectations. Instead, develop a well-rounded, healthy lifestyle. Notice how you feel instead of just how you look or how much weight you have lost.
All great ideas. I had better quit procrastinating and get moving.
Brought to you by Sugar and Spice Designs, makers of fine handmade crafts and gifts. See our spring collection on Etsy and soon to be featured on our blog.